The VictoriaStill sometimes know as ‘Middle House’. The Victoria pub appears in many early photographs of the village, architecturally is in much the same shape today. The lounge bar to the left of the building, was once a butchers shop and the pubs original name was ‘The Axe and Cleaver’.The Coach and HorsesThe oldest of the current inns located in Draycott and formerly know as the Old Coach and Horses. The Coach and Horses was indeed a coaching inn and was one of at least two in the village in the past. In 1842 it was reported as having its own carriage house and stable. The oldest part of the pub is believed to to date from the late 18th century and now forms part of the public bar, the single-storey eastern extension was added later.The Olympic HotelThe pub was built in the mid-19th century and until 1953 was know as The Draycott hotel, having not only offered Bed and Board in the past, but also a lift to Draycott railway station.
The present building is the second pub building on the site, the old building of the same name was replaced in 1897.Now converted to flats and a ‘One Stop’ shop (2014).The Rose and CrownNow converted into dwellings (2014)Formerly a farmhouse, when it became an inn in the early 19th century it was know simply as The Crown.The Cleaver Inn Soon to be opened as the ‘Elephant Rooms’ (June 2017).It is believed to have been built in the early 17th century. The building used to have an arched entrance for horses and it is in the stabling block at its rear that the coaching horses are believed to have been stabled, not only for the Coach and Horses but also for Draycott’s other former Coaching Inn.